INTRODUCTORY LEVEL A
In the DMI Introductory Level A course the participant will learn 35 Exercises with progressions and alternate holds to use with children of different gross motor developmental needs. We start the course by teaching an extensive background and theoretical portion about neuroplasticity, theoretical foundations and tenets of practice. The students then learn a variety of dexterity tests to improve their own eye hand coordination. We then teach each exercise and watch the participants perform the exercises, correcting their holds and facilitation. The next part of the course is treatment planning before we go into the practical portion with demo kids where the participants are able to try the exercises with their own clients while we observe and give correction, suggestions and progressions. By the end of Level A, each participant will be able to plan and execute a treatment session with a client.
- DMI teaches precise therapeutic handling and facilitation for all motor developmental milestones.
- DMI provides the therapist with a large toolbox of exercises and progressions.
- Each exercise has an initial position, movement and outcome so it's easy to implement.
- The structured nature of DMI makes treatment sessions easy to plan and carry out.
- Outcomes of each exercise can be easily documented or recorded and compared.
By the end of the course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify at least 1 Theoretical Foundation that DMI Therapy is based on.
- Describe 6 or more of the Basic Premises, Applications and Tenents of Practice of DMI Therapy.
- Complete 7 Head Control Exercises with proficient handling skills.
- Execute 9 Trunk Control Exercises with proficient handling skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the 9 Standing Balance Exercises with accurate handling skills.
- Complete 10 Walking Exercises with proficient handling skills.
- Assess, evaluate and correctly choose and apply the appropriate exercise for each child in a given situation.
- Theoretical Background and Supporting Research
- Dexterity tests
- Head and Trunk Control Exercises
- Trunk and Standing Exercises
- Standing and Walking Exercises
- Review, Assessment and Application
- Practical Application
Course Fee & Registration
Our Introductory Level A group course is $800 per registrant. For more information or to register, please email us at [email protected]
DMI Therapy has CEU approval in over 40 states for PTs and PTAs. For more information on your state, please click here.
Hosting a Course
Our instructors are available to travel for in-person courses. If you or your clinic is interested in hosting an in-person course, please email us at [email protected].