INTRODUCTORY LEVEL B
In the DMI Introductory Level B course the participant will learn 30 Exercises with progressions and alternate holds to use with children of different gross motor developmental needs. As in all DMI Introductory courses, Level B follows the cephalo-caudal progression of the developmental sequence. There are exercises for head control, trunk control, rolling, sitting and transitions to sitting, crawling, transitions to standing from squat and from kneeling, standing, walking, and dynamic standing balance skills.
We teach each exercise and watch the participants perform the exercises, correcting their holds and facilitation. Once going through all the exercises, the course transitions to a treatment planning session in preparation for the practical portion. Therapists will work with demo kids, where the participants are able to try the exercises with their own clients while we observe and give corrections, suggestions, and progressions.
By the end of Level B, each participant will be able to plan and execute a treatment session with a client using the 30+ exercises learned during the course.
- DMI teaches precise therapeutic handling and facilitation for all motor developmental milestones.
- DMI provides the therapist with a large toolbox of exercises and progressions.
- Each exercise has an initial position, movement, and outcome so it's easy to implement.
- The structured nature of DMI makes treatment sessions easy to plan and carry out.
- Outcomes of each exercise can be easily documented or recorded and compared.
- Home exercise programs can be created and taught to families easily from exercises learned in each course.
- Head and Trunk Control Exercises
- Trunk and Standing Exercises
- Standing and Walking Exercises
- Review, Assessment and Application
- Practical Application
Course Fee & Registration
Our Introductory Level A group course is $800 per registrant. For more information or to register, please email us at [email protected]
DMI Therapy has CEU approval in over 40 states for PTs and PTAs. For more information on your state, please click here.
Hosting a Course
Our instructors are available to travel for in-person courses. If you or your clinic is interested in hosting an in-person course, please email us at [email protected].